Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Walt Disney World Bicentennial Brochure

Just in time for Independence Day I bring you the Walt Disney World Bicentennial Brochure.

The year was 1976, and every day at WDW was like the Fourth of July with their very patriotic and lavish "America On Parade" parade.



I don't know if you noticed, but back in 1976 Disney was still on the ticket system. A 2 day ticket book for one adult cost $15 in 1976. Today just parking your car at Disney costs about this much!

BONUS STUFF: Hey look, it's an official "America On Parade" drinking mug. It still has its price tag, and cost $1.25 back in the day. I wonder how much it would go for on Ebay?


Hey look again, it's the official guide to Walt Disney World from 1976. It's compliments of a company called GAF - whatever that was...

This guide is about 30 pages long. So I'm not planning to scan it for this blog any time soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i had that mug when i was a kid!!! I loved it. My grandmother brought it back from Disnyeland for my sister but I inherited it a few years later. They're about 10 bucks on ebay. Nice post!

David W. said...

Thank for doing the Ebay legwork for me Jay!

Marc LaForce said...

GAF was a major player in cameras and film during the 1960's & early 70's and was the official camera and film of Disney World at the time--they left the camera and film business in the late 1970's--the company still exists as a major manufacturer of roofing shingles (?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails