Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dinky Die Cast Toys Catalog #12

Here's something I picked up from somewhere - it's the American version (but printed in England) of the Dinky catalog for 1976. I never owned a Dinky toy, but I did admire some of their very well-made die cast toys.

Above are the first two pages of the Dinky catalog. I think it's interesting they're featuring the science fiction toys so prominently in 1976. This was a full year before Star Wars made its debut.

The next two pages are sci-fi vehicles from TV shows I had never heard of. I assume British kids where much more familiar with Gerry Anderson's work.

Heck, I only recently heard about Gerry's live-action series UFO...



It looks like cheesy retro fun.

1 comment:

David W. said...

Thanks for the post Captain!

Toys that can shoot small plastic objects are a thing of the past. Everything has to be so damn safe now. These kids today with their "choke hazards" and "potential eye injury" Bah humbug.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails