Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's Educational!

I wanted to do some sort of back to school themed posts for September.  So I looked at a few elementary school text books from the 1940's thru 1970's, but couldn't find anything very interesting or original.

I did think this 1955 cover for a Random House "Allabout" book was kinda fun...



It's about famous scientific expeditions, and the mysterious illustrations make it look like it could be about dinosaurs, mummy's curses, and monstrous creatures of the deep. 

Next is a 1970's brochure for the American Museum of Atomic Energy (now called the American Museum of Science and Energy.  I blame the name change on Homer Simpson.) in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.


Hmm, I wonder if this means Dick Tracy's 2-way wrist TV was nuclear powered.








Lastly I found this book...



I'll try to get around to reading it sometime.  God knows the writing on this blog can use improvement.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails