Saturday, March 3, 2012

Scenes From a Late 50's School Fair

Here's some photo's from the Bulman School Fair in Redford, MI taken in 1958 and 1959.



Do you prefer your photos of vaguely disturbing clowns in "portrait"...


...or in "landscape" modes?



The photo above of "Mr. Thomas Saunders operating the cotton candy machine" looks amazingly timeless to me.  If I were told this photo was taken last year I could believe it.

And that's latest a Bulman School Fair photo could have been taken (if they were still having school fairs).  In researching this post I learned that the Bulman Elementary School closed , and was scheduled for demolition after the 2011 school year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That brings back memories of the fairs they had at Horace Mann Elementary that I attended from kindergarten to 4th grade in the 50's. I think I had the same jacket at that kid fishing for ducks (that little sombrero hat and lei too.)

Little known fact, Kim Wilson, one of the top blues harmonica players today and lead singer for The Fabulous Thunderbirds, is from the area too. In fact we lived on opposite sides of the RR tracks over by Inkster and Plymouth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails